Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1919 Got Them Hands

The first chapter in the book Sula caught my attention off rip. I usually do not read books because I think they are boring but this book is a different way of writing to me. I felt like the first chapter elaborated on this certain character named Shadrack. Shadrack is suffering from the post traumatic stress disorder. He also think his hands are growing when they are really not. Other people in class argued that the man did not have hands and I begged to differ. In a sense I feel sorry for Shadrack because I feel like he is alone in his situation. After he woke up from his coma, I felt like it was only him and he did not have any sense of direction. It even started for him wrong when he got arrested when everybody thought he was drunk walking down the sidewalk. He turned into a hard drinker and everybody thinks he is crazy because he made up this day called National Suicide Day. Even women waited to have their baby because they did not want their child to be born on this weird day. I am just saying that my man Shadrack did not really have a chance in life socially from jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment