Tuesday, July 16, 2013
1965 Now it's Over
The integration in this chapter was very soothing to me. Things really change after Sula dies not because she's dead but the fact that people see things way more clearly than over twenty five years ago. Individuals were blind to the fact that everybody was equal in God's eye and one human bleeds just like the other. When I read that the whites were moving to the "bottom" for the view I felt a sense of relief because of the torment and chaos that took place on this place thought of to be a high hell. Things really changed for the better in this chapter and there were some need for closure about certain situations, I felt like those requirements were met finally. Nel finally came to her senses with that conversation with Eva. I felt like Eva showed Nel the real world and how things really were back then when Sula and Eva were children. The question of why didn't Nel help Chicken Little out when he accidentally fell in the water and drowned. The fact that Nel thought she was over Sula in a sense was completely incorrect. Like Eva said, she was not any different than Sula in her eyes, or in fact anyone else eyes. When Nel realized that in the end she felt great sorrow, wishing for another chance in life when youth can not be replenished and what has been done is done.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment