Monday, July 8, 2013

1927 Let's get married

 Jude Greene is Nel's husband. I feel like he wants to do better about himself, but the color of his skin would not let him find a better job that requires hard labor. At first, I did not understand why he would want such a rigorous job but thinking about it I realized that he wanted his wife to depend on him and he wanted to provide for her. Nel was the type of girl who did not press for someone to marry her. Jude wanted a woman who cared about his hurt and would be there for him. There was up to ten women that came to see Jude perform, but he chose Nel because of her qualities. I found myself to be somewhat like Jude. I want a woman , that whatever the cut of his garment, there would always be the hem. The truck and fold that hides my raveling edges, someone sweet, industrious and loyal to shore me up. That speaks with volumes on how genuine our relationship would be. I look for the type of woman that would be there through everything, as we hold each other down. I would give her all the things Jude promised his wife. I would shelter, love, and grow old with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment