Tuesday, July 2, 2013

1920 THOTS

To be honest, the Creole lady at the beginning of this chapter was throwing me off just a little bit. I did not know who she was and what kind of relationship she had with Nel and Helene. I did not know if either Cecile or Rochelle had died. When I found out the Great-grandmother had died I realized why Helene was so mad and did not want Nel to hug her own grandmother. But i couldn't blame her because she is a prostitute and there ain't no telling what she could have and give to an innocent child. Nel's encounter with Rochelle affected her immensely. I think that her not knowing her grandmother left a part of her out. Then again that side of her should have been kept away from her in the first place.On the trip to New Orleans I noticed they took a lot of pee breaks which was pretty weird and Nel did not know how to squat the right way. I kinda felt like that was a little too much information and it painted a picture that was not really needed at all. Like the writer could have left that out for a brother. The conductor on the other hand would have got the hands by humiliating me in front of my own kind, and on top of that they even mean mugged Helene's dazzling smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment